Q1: what are your biggest strong points?
This question will help polishing your qualification to the requirements of the employer.
1. Steps to answer this question:
a) identify which you are good at: knowledge, experience, skills, abilities
b) prepare a list of your strong points
c) review the recruitment requirements- you should review carefully the recruitment requirements to know for sure which requirements are the most important to the employer
d) make a list of your strong points in your resume/cover letter- list and describe your strong points in your resume and cover letter orderly; you should make descriptions to those points in your resume
e) prepare persuasive ansers to the question of the employer about strong points- you don't only state your strong points to the employer but must also provide evidence for them by references or records attached with your application form
2. Strong points that the employer may concern about:
- great communication skills;
- ability to adapt to the change in company culture;
- ability to solve problems flexibility;
- ability to learn from failure;
- group work spirit
Q 2: Why do you think you would do well at this job?
Give several reasons include skills, experience and interest.
1. I am a person that learn quickly and perform better under pressure, and a very good team player that motivate others in other to achieve the company's common goals
2. Will do well in this job because I already have previous experience in the similar field. So I will use my previous experience in this job and I am interested in learning new things and enhance my skills.
3. I believe I will do well in this job because I have the relevant skills and experience. I also have the drive, interest and determination to make a real success of this role.
Q 3: What motivates you to do your best on this job?
This is a peronal trait that only you can say, but good examples are: Challenge, achievement, recognition.
For any person motivation is the main factor which should make him work in an efficient manner.
1. I was motivated both by the challenge of finishing the projects on time and by managing the teams that achieved our goals.
2. I want to be successful in my job, both for my own personal satisfaction and for my employer.
3. I've always felt that it's important, both to me personally, and for the company and the clients, to provide a positive customer experience.
Q 4: Why should we hire you for this job?
This question deals with your ability to sell yourself. Think of yourself as a product. Why should the customer buy?
Tips to answer:
- One of the best ways to answer this question is to make a shortlist of all your advantages and create a paragraph that would point out the positive aspects that you would bring to the new job position.
Q 5: Do you have any questions for me?
Always have some questions prepared. Questions prepared where you will be an asset to the organization are good. How soon will I be able to be productive? And what type of projects will I be able to assist on?
The best approach is to ask an open-ended question that will generate further conversation and allow an exchange of ideas to take place. Open-ended questions generally begin with who, why, how or when.
- Do the research: you, the position, the organization(employer), and the industry
- Prepare your stories: have a begining, middle, end.
- Practice your responses: out lout with a mirrow; mock interview
- making a good first impression: arrive on time (30mins in the vicinity, 10-15 announce yourself in the reception area); eye contact
- thank you letter within 24-48 hours
Q: Tell me about yourself
EES( Education, Employment, Skills)
Top Tips to avoid a poor answer:
1. Read the jobs description- what skills does the employer require
2. Make sure you get the message across how you can begefit the employer
3. Prepare answer using EES- ensure it is relevant- if the employer requires communication skills- explian what you have done.
Relevant: If the employers want people who are good communicators or problem solvers- give examples or what you have done!
The Good answer example:
Junior years in university I studies... where I achieved.
In my final year I studies...
While in university I pay for my studies working part time in a large mobile company, there I developed..., especially in a fast paced environment.
My biggest strength is the ability to communicate. By this I mean...
My second strength is my ability to solve... This is something I am very proud of, which demonstrate my...
With this experience, combined with my education achivements, make me very fit for this position. I'll be very exciting to be a member of your team.