"Three measures of Gordon's, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it's ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon peel."
* 1 1/2 oz or six parts gin
* 1/2 oz or two parts vodka
* 1/4 oz or one part Lillet Blanc or Kina Lillet
* Lemon twist for garnish
1. Add ice to a cocktail shaker.
2. Add the gin, vodka and Lillet to the cocktail shaker.
3. Cap the shaker.
4. Shake the ingredients vigorously for about five seconds.
5. Strain into a deep champagne goblet or cocktail glass.
6. Twist or bend the lemon twist to squeeze out some citrus oils and drop the twist into the drink.
* Use a deep champagne goblet for the most authentic Vesper.
* To come closer to the original strength of the Vesper, use a 94-proof gin and a 100-proof vodka.
* Adding a pinch (1/16 of a tsp.) of quinine powder to the Lillet will effectively recreate the (somewhat bitter) flavor it had in the 1950's.
* You can substitute the Lillet with Absinthe and the lemon with a slice of lime to create a "Green Vesper."
* Drink responsibly and be cool like Bond. James Bond.
* While adding quinine powder to the Lillet will give it its original flavor, adding too much will ruin the taste or worse, make you ill. Stick to no more than a pinch.