- message vs letter (It's more appropriate to use 'message' in E-mails other than 'letter')
- cover the distance (a good phrase)
- urgent (the quality of requiring something to be done in a hurry) vs emergent (something comes out unexpectedly, like a crisis that requires urgent attention)
- cup vs glass (you can call a cup made of plastic a glass, depending on the context.)
- call on my telephone / call me at xxx-xxxx-xxxx/
- call at the house √ / call at the house ×
- on the street: somewhere along the street
- in the street: on the pavement of the street
- at the street: arrive at the street (maybe an intersection with another street)
- parcel vs package: A parcel are exclusively sent by mail, while A package is more general.
- at is used for a specific location, while in is generally used for a larger area where there are numerous specific locations possible.
- ago (counting back from now) / earlier (counting back from any time)
- enter a competition (a good phrase) rather than join in a competition
- road is usually big, for both people and cars
- path is smaller, and not for cars.(build/make a path)
- win a prize for [award]
- 少用that, 多用it.
- A bell is not like a clock.
- city hall = town hall
- second/minute/hour hand
- The chapter ring is the periphery of a clock, where the numbers appears.
- People gather under the clock
- musical instrument
- strike the keys
- shocked (very unexpected) / surprised (a little unexpected)
- go/come into a room, walk into is a little bit awkward.
- pay back money
- good-salary/ high-paying job
- set off = set out on a journey
©本文版权归 泰子 所有, 任何形式转载请联系作者。