The Secret Sauce -- 12条基本款
1. Goals are paramount. 目标至上
Goals are what you want at the end of the negotiation that you don’t have at the beginning. Anything you do in a negotiation should explicitly bring you closer to your goals for that particular negotiation.
2. It's about them 谈判重点是对方
Think of yourself as the least important person in the negotiation. You can’t persuade people of anything unless you know the pictures in their heads: their perceptions, sensibilities, needs, etc.
3. Make emotional payments. 情感补偿
Tap into the other person's emotional psyche with empathy or simply by valuing them.
4. Every situation is different. 情况各不同
In negotiation, there is no one-size-fits-all.
5. Incremental is best. 循序渐进
Take small steps, whether you are trying for raises or treaties. Move slowly toward each other, narrowing the gap incrementally.
6. Trade things you value unequally. 用不等价之物进行交易
All people value things unequally. Find out what each party cares and doesn’t care about.
7. Find their standards 利用对方的准则
What are their policies, exceptions to policies, precedents, past statements, ways they make decisions?
8. Be transparent and constructive, not manipulative. 坦诚相对/谨守道德
This is one of the biggest differences between the Getting More Model and the conventional knowledge. Don’t deceive people. Being real is highly credible, and credibility is your biggest asset.
9. Always communicate, state the obvious, and frame the vision. 沟通和表达
Bad communication, or none at all, causes most failed negotiations.
10. Find the real problem and make it an opportunity. 找到真正的问题所在
To find the real problem, you have to find out why the other party is acting the way they are.
11. Embrace Differences 对分歧持包容态度
Most people think different is worse, risky, annoying, uncomfortable. But different is actually demonstrably better: more profitable, more creative.
12. Prepare – Make a list and practice. 列一份清单