Deciding on a Reading Strategy
- To know a chapter’s argument and how it is constructed
- To assess a particular perspective
- The introduction leaves certain questions in students’ minds for them to explore in the chapters and which to judge the chapters by.
- Reading by paragraphs- paragraph by paragraph, not word by word
- 真的去区分中心句和论证细节。to focus first on comprehending an author’s argument.
- Reconstructing the author’s argument- review after the first time
- Assessing the author’s argument- write down a few notes or mark a number of critical passages would be helpful.