1. to deliver your message, use your words and body language in force
2. voice and movements to specific words and motions
3. mark tone in text as a reminder
part3 talking about yourself be yourself and let your audience know who you are
1. being yourself, explain your personal connection to the subject you speech (figure out what it is & let audience know)
2.share your own emotions, leave some ideas, & don't shy away from your weakness & feelings
3. establish a personal link with your listeners as start of your speech
4. Use plain direct language, but never even if you are a monarch, talk down to your audience
5.don't hesitate to read your speech draft, you can still be powerful
6. always make sure your audience can hear you
part 4 find your humorous you need to be funny during the speech（depends on the theme）
1. laughing yourself before you laugh others
2. comedy helps you relax your audience （especially formula occations）
3. use humor to focus on your theme, not to destroy
4. jokes can illuminate theory points, providing new thoughts and perspectives
5. every element in your speech, your humor reflect your own personality
6. nothing unified audience quicker than laughter
part 5 story teller humans brain are designed toremember stories not facts
use story organise your speech to make it memorable
find a story around your speech
1.story narratives to make your speech
easy to follow the details easy to understand &remember
2.clearly identify your theme at the beginning of your speech
3.include divide memorable detail for bring your subject to life. don't move down to the story to come abstract.
4.give questions to yourself when you prepare your speech, answer these question during your speech
part 6 three every story have 3 parts, beginning middle end
tell audience what you are talking in beginning(give the subject of the talk) and conclusion(tell them what you told them)
of.... of..... of.....
repeat expression to get more impact to listen
1. construct your speech in 3 parts, intro body conclusion
2. create a reason with examples and parallel sentences in group of 3(only important in speech)
part 7 build a logical case 1. use clear. concise but neutral reasoning, Aristotle logo. aviod personal issues.emotional of appeal
2. base your argument on axioms.laws.self evidence truth. present them at thenear of the beginning of the speech
3. define your terms and make those definitions into stepping stones as you were toured proving your point
4. focus on proving a single point
be strong and forceful. be an advocate for your view. do not hesitate to make it clear that you believe this
part8 paint pictures in words focus the attention of the listeners with words to create the images that in your mind in the other word paint the picture with words
use pictorial metaphors make your words easy to recollect. memorize. feel
(logical or technical especially)use mathematic materials to make your audience see
1.Don't mix your metaphors and make sure your metaphors are appropriate for the particular occasion and audience
2. Abstract observations and principles vivid to your listeners by adding concrete easy to picture examples
part 9 focus your audience you must ask yourself in advance, "who is my audience" and you must adapt your speech to address them directly.
remember: you may have 2 or more constituencies among your listeners. make sure address them all. not only your message, your tone, your lauguage, your examples should all be chose with a specific audience in mind.
and you need to look for the areas of common ground with your listeners. that is the way of bring them over your side. and that is the way to make them fell that you have repect and interest in what they are feeling.
always be courteous, respectfel, sympathetic, and mindful (like queen Elizabeth) of their comfort.
part 10 share a vision 马丁路德金
1.it helps the integrate all three kind of appeals. logos. ethos and pathos appeals to logic. personal concerns. emotions
2.the personal and emotional elemets are far more important than logical.
visionary images carry more weight than the reasoned argument
vision creation: repeat repeat repeat
3.quote that we familar
4.3 sections& its tones and themes
5.eye contact and energy all through your speech
part 11 change your mind and heart 1. make a strong begin 2.use props to illustrate and reinforce the point of your speech 3. focus always on concrete points not on abstractions
part 12 the ending create empathy between yourself and your audience. do it with your words. combine ethos(the idea of personality)and pathos(the idea of feeling)and shift the focus of your speech from "i" and "you" to "we"